Overcoming addictions is not easy as what you think sometimes you must consider it as the hardest challenge in your life before continuing. Though how hard it is thousands of people still succeeded in overcoming their addictions. Most people try and fail a number of times before they succeed. In order to be success in doing this you must have determination for yourself. You must not just use this as an excuse but it must be from your heart.
First, it is good that you must admit in yourself that you have a problem this is the key to start everything. Realizing the potential problem is very important. There are many ways to strengthen yourself and make life more fulfilling, reducing addiction's attractiveness.
Here are some examples:
- ATTEND SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS
- Do not struggle alone. Group members provide encouragement, insight accountability, and friendship. All this can be a powerful help. you can met people who offer emotional support during times of temptations and weakness.
When you first quit your addiction, you will at times feel weak. It may be good to go a support daily- or even more often.
- DEVELOP AND STRENGTHEN YOUR SUPPORTIVE RELATIONSHIPS
- This can include people you'll meet in support group meetings as well as others you already know. Take the initiative to stay in touch with loved ones but learn to avoid and diffuse dysfunctional, addiction encouraging situations.
- INCREASE YOUR SOCIAL INTERACTIONS
- Many addicts have imperfect social skills.
- If you have a serious addiction to alcohol or drugs, it may be best to ENROLL IN DE_TOX OR RECOVERY PROGRAM. Also consider moving temporarily into a treatment facility.
- CHECK INTO OTHER SOURCES OF HELP. When you have difficult challenge, its best to find many sources of advice.
- SEEK ENCOURAGEMENT from INSPIRING QUOTES AND IDEAS and other sources.
- READ BOOKS ON ADDICTION AND PSYCHOLOGY. Books can't deliver all the benefits of psychotherapy -but they can help.
- LEARN HOW THOUGHT PROCESSES AND SITUATIONS TRIGGER ADDICTIVE BEHAVIORS so you can defuse them. If you're a substance abuser, remove all traces of the alcohol or drugs from your home.
- THERAPY AND PEER COUNSELING can be very helpful for resolving emotional problems that cause self-sabotaging behaviors. It is hard for any of us to evaluate ourselves as well as a highly trained, experienced professional can.
- GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR EMOTIONS. Emotions are powerful. They often affect us more than we consciously realize. Long- standing, deep emotional pain often drives addictions. There are ways to resolve this.
Addicts are often hurt by strong, pent-up emotions such as anger, depression, and feelings of abandonment. (Our emotions are not negative. They’re part of life, but we need to find therapeutic, constructive ways to feel and express them.)
- LEARN TO OVERCOME DEPRESSION. Many addicts suffer bouts of serious depression - especially after they stop their addictive activities. But you can overcome depression.If you are depressed, you will not be able to appreciate all the good things life has to offer.